Hey everyone!
Let's see, Saturday morning we all woke up and rationalized our trip to Capri. Needless to say, we were all exhausted and not feeling the best, so we ended up sleeping more, which we really needed to do. We had originally woken up at 6AM to get to the train, but once we fell back asleep after deciding to stay in Rome, we slept until 12:30PM. Clearly, we made the right decision. All of our day was spent doing laundry, watching MTV (the only semi-English channel we have), and cleaning the apartment. I was able to talk to all my family (practically) which was really nice and I also Skyped (video chat online) with Katy! It was the first time we had been able to talk in a month, so I was very excited.
After dinner, we (Jenna, Krista, Meredith, and I) got ready for the evening and met up with some girls over by a different Piazza. In the process of finding them we found an area with lost of artists selling their paintings (I had to keep telling myself that I couldn't safely get it home so I wouldn't buy them...some were incredible!) and other people playing guitar and singing. As we were leaving that main area, a guy came up to us asking for a finger. We were really confused and started walking off but then he grabbed Krista's pinky and said something about making us something. Krista kept saying no, but before we knew it he had a string around her finger and he made her a bracelet. Then he made one for all of us. He finished mine last and as he was doing so, this other bracelet making guy came up and flirted hardcore with everyone, trying to get hugs and kisses out of the girls and everything. He had no personal space, either. Anyway, after he was done with mine he said "Okay, 10 euro." And at this point Meredith and Jenna had started walking quickly away so they wouldn't get charged and Krista and I told him that no, we weren't paying for our bracelets. Then he said 5 euro for each bracelet and we, again, told him no. He looked over at Meredith and Jenna and realized they had walked off and he tried to chase them down, so Krista and I bolted out of there in a different direction. To make a long story a bit shorter, he ended up catching up to them and tried to make them pay but when they said no he cut them off of their wrists. Luckily I had my phone on me, so we found the girls pretty quickly and we knew to take our bracelets off so he couldn't find us randomly and charge us. Once we met up with them, Meredith and Jenna had found the other girls we were meeting up with, so we sat with them and had a drink and hung out for a while. Our server and another guy that worked there were very nice and our friend Haley (the one from NY) tried out her Italian with them and they loved it. We had a great time just people watching and enjoying a part of Rome that was less touristy (which was a relief). After that we walked around town for a while, then headed back home.
This morning we woke up (later than we wanted to, but I'm pretty sure we're still resting up) and went to a flea market by the river. We found some cool stuff for a pretty cheap price, so that was really fun. We came back, had lunch, and now we will probably nap or play cards or something low key like that. The four of us are making a pasta dinner together I think and the rest of our roomies get back later tonight from their weekend trip to Pompeii/Sorrento/Capri.
I think that's pretty much the update for now! Hope you all had a great weekend.
Title: We did laundry all day yesterday and since we don't have a dryer we let all of our clothes hang from different areas in the house. I think it looks pretty because it's all color coordinated and cute. Maybe I'm just weird, but it's fun to just look up at the loft in our room and see our clothes hanging there. Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hello friends I write to tell you that I am done with summer school. What does this mean for you...? Well, it means I will spend the rest of my summer days reading your blog over and over, enjoying every little detail Laura throws in. It sounds like you all are having a great time and becoming card game experts. It's really hot here too, but unlike you guys I live in an air conditioned house...this is all I have to hold on to so I feel better about not being in Italy with you ;)Much love from a farm girl in Kansas who is thinking a lot about her friends in Italy.
Lovely to talk to you, miss! It made my day. Can't wait to talk to you again!
Oops. Should have told you about bracelet people. They're in a lot of big cities. One grabbed me and tried to start a fight in Paris, because he came towards Rachael and I pulled her away...kind of scary. Anyways, watch out for them. Yikes. I'm glad you didn't have to pay, though!
I love you and will talk to you soon hopefully!
man, it's too bad you guys don't know the "stranger danger" wrist break. he he that would have come in handy.
Have Krista show you ;-)
That's how we did laundry in Thailand! only, our thai apartment was not set up with good places to hang thing... so we got REALLY creative and it was a bit obnoxious. Especially because all of use waited till we were down to that funny looking swimsuit and a pair of booty shorts until we did our laundry.
I'm glad you're having such a great time! it sounds amazing.
xoxo- RayDef
Hey Ms. Laura
I'm afraid your birthday card will arrive late-so wanted to say--HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY--Enjoy supper and the wine tasting!
Love Janet
Post a Comment